Monday, 26 June 2017
Is Wallpaper A Good Idea For Office
Office design certainly seems fun. It is very tempting to attempt the job of redesigning one's own office. How hard could it be? While most people are capable of buying carpet, wall paper and furniture, there are tricks to the trade which only professionals know. Attempting to design the office as a "do it yourself project" can easily become a time consuming and expensive mistake. Professional office designers can usually acquire furniture, carpet and wall paper at wholesale prices. They know which workmen and contractors can install carpet and hang wallpaper with professional results and often receive a discount.
More importantly office design is more of a science than a hobby. There is much more to office refurbishment London style than simply rolling out a new rug and plopping down a few desks. Professional office designers and decorators are trained to use color to enhance mood, arrange furniture to maximize space and even how to arrange traffic patterns and work spaces for increased office efficiency.
A professional interior fit out really isn't any more expensive than doing the job in house, and the results are always much more inviting. It really is best to hire professionals for fit outs, who know how to design, and arrange. A professional fit out can increase productivity and enhance job satisfaction among the staff. In addition clientele will be impressed by the transformation and will regard the company with increased respect. Not only do many people judge a book by its cover, the subliminal perks offered by professional design will insure clientele are in the mood to buy when they come to the office.
While deciding the wall colors, the decision makers must consider the color of windows, doors and office furniture. Although all colors work well, as all colors possess their own beneficial qualities but still deep intense colors, striking contrasts and black specifically must not be on the list of colors. Violets, blues, greens and shades of brown are the ones that are most preferred of all. Girly colors like pinks, reds and shades of mustard and orange are also prevalent as they all liven up the office atmosphere and add richness and bubbly feel to the working mood. White and off-white remains an evergreen choice when it comes to painting the office walls. A paint to be used in an office has to have Light Reflectance Value (LRV). Whatever color one finally picks for his/her office, he/she must bear in mind that it is an office and not a house. The office paint cannot be afforded to be too loud and distracting. Muted or neutral colors are most recommended of all as they do not strain the eyes.
Wallpaper decor adds instant color, texture and pattern to walls and can make a strong first impression on customers, which contributes to your business brand. Whether you conduct business from a swanky law firm or busy pediatrics practice, business wallpaper can significantly improve your business' image and set the right tone for engaging with clientele.
From designer wallpaper to whimsical wall decals, here are four examples of how you can use wallpaper decor to create a look that is inviting, professional and unique.
Formal yet Inviting: The Law Office
Law office decor can be notoriously sterile and formal. Wallpaper is the perfect antidote to lackluster law office design that can diminish the effect of an otherwise modern law firm. Choosing business wallpaper for a professional setting like a law firm may seem tricky, but the key here is to stay close to classic patterns and neutrals. Damask, toile, or tasteful stripes update blank walls and add a touch of sophistication. Walls don't necessarily need to be completely covered. Borders used to accent painted walls add elegance and interest to otherwise plain spaces.
Cheery and Bright: The Pediatrician's Office
Whether you're opening a new location or simply looking for creative ways to make your pediatric office more fun and welcoming, wallpaper can instantly make your practice feel more kid-friendly. Wall decals and wallpaper murals are an easy way to establish a vibrant color scheme and theme. Transport young patients to the beach, zoo, jungle or ocean with wall decals, or add a fun, whimsical wallpaper border that enlivens the waiting rooms and examination rooms. For high-traffic areas, choose wallpaper with vinyl for maximum durability.
Elegant and Style Savvy: The Fashion Boutique
Some businesses should make an eye-grabbing first impression right out of the gate. Fashion or beauty-oriented businesses can create attractive and inviting spaces by using designer wallpaper that create ambiance and make a style statement. Think eclectic bold patterns, damask prints, jewel tones and textured wallpapers. You don't necessarily have to paper every wall: even just one feature wall can make a big visual splash.
Relaxed Yet Professional: The Nonprofit Business
The typical nonprofit service-based agency is not exactly known for great design aesthetics. It's time to transform the drab white walls of the typical 9-to-5 office space with wallpaper that welcomes clients and inspires employees to act on behalf of the agency mission. For an office environment, choose wallpaper patterns and colors that are unobtrusive. Neutrals, yellow-green tones and geometric patterns instantly modernize and enliven blank office spaces and are appealing to the public.
So how do you properly install a wallpaper? Here are some tips
1. The first step is to prepare the wall itself. Arguably, this is the most important step. The wall should be completely smooth, otherwise bumps and crevices will show through the paper. Too make sure that the wall is dry and clean. If the wall is wet, it will reduce the stickiness of the wallpaper paste since the adhesive is usually water based. For the same reason, the wall should also be clean.
2. If the wall is covered by old wallpaper, the old wallpaper should be removed. You can do this by perforating and scraping the old wallpaper, brushing water on it so that the old glue will dissolve, use a commercial wallpaper remover, or use steam. All traces of the old wallpaper should be cleared.
3. You will want the paper to hang straight. Therefore, divide the wall into sections. It would be easier for you if you would mark the divisions with a pencil. The mark will serve as a guide.
Measure each section so you would know the amount of wallpaper you need. Cut the paper to the right size according to the measurements. It would be wise to add a few inches to the measurement to ensure that no bare space would show.
4. Put the first strip on top of the wall. Apply the glue to each subsection as you work your way down. If the wallpaper you are using has a self-adhesive backing, peel back the wax paper little by little. As you work your way down, get rid of any air bubbles by pressing the paper firmly against the wall. Try to keep the paper straight until you reach the bottom.
5. When you start working on the adjacent section, make sure the wall art symbols align with those of the previously installed section. By aligning them, the wall design will have a seamless, natural look.
6. Once the sections are installed and dry, remove hand stains by wiping the wallpaper with a damp cloth, followed by a dry cloth.
Today's wallpaper decor options can create an appealing, modern setting that attracts customers, lends your business greater credibility, reinforces your brand, and makes the process of doing business in an attractive environment more enjoyable for all.
Posted by Unknown at 06:57