A home has always been said to be where the heart is and so you always need to make it the best. There are limitless decoration options but no decor can be as useful as wallpaper and awnings. Wallpapers have become popular in the recent years and are being used from bedrooms, living rooms, and study rooms to offices enhancing the rooms. Awnings have been used for a long time and have continuously been improved to meet your needs in the most convenient of ways.
Uses of Wallpaper
In case you may be wondering why your room may need wallpaper, here are the uses:
- They can be used as room decor adding flair and beauty to your room or home office
- You can portray your interests through wallpaper for instance if you love architecture, designed wallpapers that express unique architecture can be used
- Having an uneven wall? Wallpaper can turn a bad looking wall into one of stunning beauty
- Add the mood to a room using wallpaper for instance red for romance, yellow designs to make the room seem warmer or a calming white wallpaper
There is a variety of colours, designs, patterns and sizes you can choose from but you may find it challenging to get a perfect look in your room. Here are a couple of tips to help you make the best out of the wallpaper:
1.Entire wall- Settle on a good wallpaper design and cover the whole wall with it to transform the image of the room, often plain wallpapers with patterns that are not congested will do well for this
2.Regional wallpaper- Choose a specific point of the wall for instance over the fireplace or at the display area and cover with a nice wallpaper
3.Framed wallpaper- You can make small wallpapers look picturesque by adding a variety of frame designs around the area you have covered with wallpaper
4.Panels- Pick a certain height of the wall and do wallpaper for the upper part all around while leaving the lower part painted, it makes the room artistic
5.Mixing Wallpapers- Instead of a single design, you can go in for a mix of a variety of patterns or colours, contrasting them in unique ways but cautiously not to overdo
6.Ceiling- You can go beyond the traditional sticking of wallpaper on walls and cover your ceiling in amazing designs
7.Chair and Table- The awesomeness is not limited to the wall and ceiling, you can make your table top amazing by sticking wallpaper onto it or on the kitchen chair
If you are willing to spend more on a mind-blowing interior, then going for the latest technologically advanced wallpapers will be the best option. These include the 3D ones that will create an illusion in your room where images seem to be popping out or depth that makes the room look bigger. Colour changing ones are the latest trend as the room will look different every time. There is an advance kind of the above where the change of colour or pattern is controlled by heat sensitive sensors in the wallpaper.
These exterior decor overhangs popular on buildings since the 20th century is an amazing addition useful for both residential and commercial buildings. They are often hanged over the door or window and serve several purposes.
Importance of Awnings
- They compliment the exterior of your home acting as breathtaking and stylish decor
- Helps protect the interior from exposure to intense sun thus staying cool
- Enables you cut down on energy bills as the need for air-conditioning is decreased with less heating of the interior
- Does protect indoor things like upholstery, furniture and others from fading that is a result of exposure to intense sun
- Extension of the awnings can serve as a canopy which will be used for shade outdoors, parking or outdoor catering
Incase you are getting awnings for your home, you have a choice of two options
- Stationary awnings that are fixed- this type has been in use ever since the invention of awnings
- Retractable awnings that you can control using a remote control, button or switch to move it from partial protection to full protection as they have wiring internally and motor tubular framework
Types of awnings
1.Patio cover shade
a.Free standing awnings
b.Side arm/drop awnings
d.Patio cover system
3.Motorized retractable awnings
Materials Used in Awnings
Aluminium is used as the choice framework for awnings which are tightly stretched over it. The aluminium is chosen because of being light yet durable. Steel can be used but it needs to be coated with zinc or galvanized
A canvas made from cotton, acrylic or polyester fabric laminated by vinyl. The strength is insisted on in areas with adverse weather especially during winter where the snow load needs to be supported but for Singapore, such is not a concern.
The basic design of an awning is enough to serve the purpose but depending on the various special needs, you can have some extras. Resistance of rain and strong winds may necessitate special frames and fabric. Motorization of the awning will enable you retract it without having to pull on a chord. The control of the motorized ones is either torque sensitive, radio or non-radio motor. As stated earlier, use of columns can help convert it into a canopy that can be used for several outdoor purposes.
Any awning may serve the purpose but a good choice of designs and colours can help make your home look amazing.
- You can choose solid colours or patterns for a bold formal look
- Bright colours can be a good choice for those who wants it to standout especially by contrasting with the colours of your exterior
- A subtle choice will be colors that blend into those of your exterior
Wallpapers and awnings are an easy way to greatly enhance your home interior and exterior respectively. When you know why you need them, finding the right one for your home or building can be very easy